Patient Admission Information
The Patients Admission Department is a one-window facility, catering the needs of patients coming in through Emergency Department (ER), Outpatient Department (OPD) and walk-in patients.
When required, patients can be admitted through the Emergency Department 24 hours a day, including all public holidays. Elective patients are referred for admission by LNH consultants through the Outpatient Department and from LNH Outreach Medical Services clinics.
To avoid any inconvenience at the time of admission, please contact the admissions office in advance to obtain the necessary information regarding treatment estimate, admission requirements and your choice of accommodation.
What you need to know before admission?
- On the day of admission, you will be required to bring the "Admission Request Form" given to you and the MR card issued on your OPD visit.
- You are required to submit a copy of the patient's CNIC and of the person who is nominated as the next of kin.
- Foreign patients are required to submit a copy of their passport.
- All personal data like patient's name and personal details should be submitted carefully. Once documented, the same will appear on all hospital documents.
- Depending on your preference, you can choose your accommodation in the Executive rooms, Special rooms or Semi Private Ward.
Instructions for Private Patients
- Private patients can get the estimate of their treatment and hospital stay from the Admissions Office. The estimate is based upon the nature of treatment and/or surgical procedure(s) (if any) and the length of hospital stay.
- The estimate is subjected to variations, depending on the need for treatment.
- The estimated amount should be paid in full before undergoing any surgery or procedure, preferably at the time of admission.
- The payment terms can be relaxed if the patient is admitted in an emergency condition like life/limb threatening condition.
- Payment can be made in cash or through all major credit cards.
- Payment made by cheque or pay order is subject to prior approval.
Instructions for Corporate Patients
- Corporate patients can obtain information regarding admission requirements and formalities from the Admissions department and Corporate Patient Facilitation Unit (CPFU).
- On the admission day, kindly bring the approval letter, indicating the type of medical cover allowed and room entitlement; along with other requirements.
- In case of an emergency, the company's ID card and patient's CNIC (as applicable) can be submitted for ER admission and the approval letter may be submitted on the next working day.
- Do not bring personal items like pillows, bed sheets or quilts, or any other item not related to your hospital stay.
- Medicines purchased from outside the hospital are not allowed.
- Do not bring any valuable item(s) to the hospital. The hospital will not be responsible for the loss or misplaced items.