Established in 1996 as a Skills Lab and flourished to a full fledge facility, Research and Skills Development Centre (RSDC) proudly offers certified training courses in life saving techniques, not only to LNH doctors and staff but also to other institutions and organizations, supervised by certified and experienced instructors. The courses are conducted in line with international guidelines and on regular basis. The centre is licensed by American Heart Association (AHA) as an international training centre. We are ISO 9001-2015 certified and PMDC accredited for CME credit hours. It is a well-equipped and purposely built simulation centre to cater the needs of latest Medical education. Our qualified and experienced instructors also include American Heart Association certified instructors.
Research and Skills Development Centre
- Emergency Cardiovascular Care (Resuscitation) Skills
- Clinical Skills for Post graduate Medical Trainees
- Undergraduate clinical Skills Training (MBBS, Medical Technology, Physical therapy, Diagnostic & Lab Sciences and Nursing)
- Skills for Professional Nurses (& other Allied Health Professionals)
- Skills for Technicians & OPD Attendants
- Emergency Response Skills for Non Healthcare
- Onsite trainings
RSDC is a large and well-equipped facility with a variety of specialized basic and advanced training mannequins and instruments. The centre can accommodate more than hundred participants at a time. To facilitate small group learning, there are classrooms with multimedia projectors and a computer lab. There is a conference room for trainers and faculty, a simulated Operation theatre for animal / cadaver workshops with real anaesthesia machine, suction machine, Diathermy, OT lights, OT table and dissection table, and a tissue lab (for animal tissue) with work stations for hands on skills practice.
- Stress Management
- Time Management
- Communication Skills
- Fire Safety Skills
- Family & Friends CPR
- Heart Saver First Aid CPR AED
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Advanced Airway Management
- Basic Interpretation of ECG
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- First 10 minutes of Life
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program
- Primary Trauma Management
- Basic Nursing Skills
- Vital Sign Monitoring
- Hand Hygiene
- Basic Clinical & Surgical Skills
- Injection Techniques
- Heart and Lungs Sounds
- Immobilization of Fractured Limb
- ObGyn Skills
- Critical Care Skills
- Operation of Cardiac Monitor
- Lumbar Puncture
- CVP Line
- Chest Tube Insertion
- Modular Curriculum Skills
- Skills for Orientation Program of Nurses
- Laparoscopic Skills
- Other Advanced Surgical Skills for;
- General Surgery
- Peadiatric Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Neuro Surgery
- Obs & Gynecology
- Canadian Clinical Research Program (CCRP)
Frequently Asked Questions
Most of the courses are offered for the healthcare practitioners and the students. The First and CPR courses though are available for general public and lay men. The non-healthcare professional and students may also get benefit from them.
The courses are offered in line with the scope of practice of the applicants.
Select the course from available list. Submit the filled registration forms along with the copy of NIC or employee/student card and payment receipt.
Fees shall be paid in cash at the Main Cash Department of LNH.
Yes. Group/institute discounts may apply. For special discounts keep following the official Fb page/website of LNH. The corporate sector may apply for a bulk discount.
RSDC is a fully equipped and developed resource centre with a whole team of dedicated staff for this purpose including specialized and trained instructors.
Customized courses may be offered depending on the availability of the resources.
Liaquat National Hospital and Medical College is an accredited international training centre (ITC) of American Heart Association (AHA) and RSDC is the authorized place to provide this service in LNH.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS), Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS for HCP), Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED (HSFA CPR AED) course and Friends & Family (F&F) CPR courses are accredited with American Heart Association.
A certificate from American Heart Association (AHA) will be provided upon successful completion of the relevant course.
Usually the successful participants of the courses are awarded with the completion certificates of two years validity. There are though some courses which do not have a conditional validity.
For renewal of the courses especially the BLS and ACLS, the candidates should apply at least a month before the date of expiration of the previous certification.
The basic workshops take almost a full day to complete. The advanced courses may be of two to three days.
The courses are conducted within RSDC premises, inside the purpose build classrooms with learning stations equipped with mannequins.
8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. from Monday through Saturday with Half day on Saturdays
Yes. The dates of choice can be given if registration is applied in groups.
Dr. Kahkashan Tahir
Head of the Department MBBS, Post Graduate Diploma in Public Administration Certified Master Trainer & Certified Medical Educator
Mr. Ahmad Ali